Wednesday, 17 March 2010

Soundtrack and Credits

A huge part of our first two minutes of our film will consist of opening credits, either behind or ontop of the action already happening in every frame. I had to find out what order these came in, so studyed various films before coming up with an order to suit my film:
  • name of studio
  • production company
  • a film by __________
  • cast
  • edited
  • producer, executive producer
  • story by __________
  • directed by _________

We want the credits to appear in some sort of timer, like the digits seen on a watch, in order to reinforce the idea of 72 Hours being timed. However, before I can finalise this we will have to look at our editing software to see if it is capable.

Whilst studying the four different parts of a extract in our practical lesson - sound, mise en scene, editing and camera angles, I started to look for suitable music to feature in my film. When I was looking through youtube and personal favourites, I found a three and a half minute techno song called Walk Through by Frances White that would be perfect for the chase scene we will be filming. The song builds tension, but starts quite quickly, therefore I am thinking of having diagetic sound until the chase begins, then adding this song in over the diagetic noise of the streets and car chase.



This is what the editing software looks like when creating a new title:

No comments:

Post a Comment